[Serusers] breaking down ser.cfg

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 01:06:09 CEST 2005

Hi

My ser config seems to be growing, in fact its getting way too big, and I
am beginning to wonder if there is a better way of creating the config.

I have got the basic per METHOD routes
Then I have got dialing plans covering alot of prefixes, which means
there alot of checks be MESSAGE

Then I have flags being set based on user type and what group he is in
Add to this the authentication checks in each message dialogue, and
slowly its getting out of control.
Then we have natting to deal with also,
Oh add voicemail also, and a few more customer types which need to be
routed elsewhere.

Everytime I change a route, or want to alter things, I have got to step
through alot of the config, just to make sure I havent broken a route,
or allowed someone to call they shouldn't.

Has anyone come up with a cool way of doing this..or should I say a
cleaner way.

I was wondering if we could breal ser.cfg into lots of smaller files, eg
one which die the auth, and then one per message type

all of them could be included with each other, i.e I would include the
auth file as a header to each of the METHOD (eg INVITE, REGISTER) files

the I could have routing files, , which could also be included and have
routes per pacjage type, or user type (i.e have as many as I want, each
for its own cause). So the main ser.cfg would be like

ser.cfg
--------
include=>general.cfg
include=>invite.cfg
etc
etc

and invite.cfg would be

invite.cfg
include =>auth.cfg

I just think then adding things like voicemail, and other features might
be easier

If anyone has done this, or works, would like to hv feedback. Or if
anyone has a file in excess of 1600lines again setup layout ideas would
be good

Iqbal