[Serusers] SER Server behind NAT and Record Route

Matt morris mmorris36 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:19:31 CEST 2005

Hello List,

Here's a problem I am currently having. My SER server is behind a router and
its ip is an internal ip address. Hence, SER has to listen on its internal
ip (would it be possible to configure it to listen on the WAN ip?). The call
establishment is fine but for some reason when the user agent (I have tried
XLite and another hw ATA) hangs up it will send the BYE to the server's
interal ip instead of the its WAN ip. Thus the server never receives the BYE
and the other side will still be connected. I am guessing it is because the
Record Route header has the internal ip instead of the WAN one. How could I
rewrite the ip in the record router header to the server's WAN ip? Thank you
all in advance

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
first two months FREE*.