[Serusers] SER act as a 3cpp server

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jun 22 15:32:15 CEST 2005

I don't think SER can act as a 3pcc because it does not have a full SIP stack and it is not able to act as a b2bua(which is what a 3pcc mainly is).  Moreover, since it is not a call statefull proxy is hardly impossible to add several functionalities for a SIP entityy to work as a 3pcc.

my 2 cents,
Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> Iqbal <iqbal at gigo.co.uk> 06/22/05 02:54PM >>>
I havent looked at the code below, but th MWI works if the phone is
registered in asterisk, if the phone is registered in SER, then MWI in
asterisk needs to send a message back via ser to the phone to make its
light flash.

As for the call being in asterisk, what I mean is if the rtp stream is
in asterisk, then when you press keys asterisk can detect these, and
based on keystrokes be able to do what you wish.

Doin this in SER I dont think is possible since it works on SIP messages
as opposed to keystrokes (which come as part of the RTP stream, having
said that I do believe some IP phones can be set to send these outside
using SIP INFO (I havent tested this)), and hence when you use
hold/transfer and all the rest they should send a MESSAGE which SER can
recognise, else it will just be buttons you are pressing which do
little, if you have transferred the cvall to asterisk, asterisk should
recognise and act on it.

Iqbal