[Serusers] Portal for forking call to preferredenddevice-sequential ringing

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jun 22 10:57:43 CEST 2005

>> 2. Develop a FIFO method to change q value.
>
>Yes. Except that I don't know if anybody verified that q value cannot be
>changed with today's FIFO. I just asked the question...
I think the current usrloc fifo commands provide enough flexibility to modify the q value, I don't know now the exact spelling but womething like:

serctl ul add location user at domain user at ip  {expires} {q} {replicate}

I recall that there where a few values representing expiration, replicate, q value and maybe something else. From the source code, it seems that if the contact already exists, serctl ul add will update the record.
If you don't have the user's record values you can use serctl ul show.

I'm not 100% sure, but if you use sipsack, you should be carefull to not modifying other parameters just as received, User-Agent...am I right?

Samuel.

Unclassified.
Aisling O'Driscoll wrote:
> Ok, just to recap - cos Im getting a little bit confused ;)
>
> I have two choices(?)
>
> 1. Somehow invoke sipsak to configure permanent addresses with a
> particular q value.
> 2. Develop a FIFO method to change q value.

Yes. Except that I don't know if anybody verified that q value cannot be
changed with today's FIFO. I just asked the question...

> Am I correct in thinking directly modifying the usrloc table in the
> database is out of the question because the changes cant be updated
> except by SER itself in which case a reboot would required - Correct?

Correct. "SER itself" is here either serctl, sipsak or FIFO.

> Also lcr module (load_contacts() etc) isnt suitable for per user
> configurable sequential forking?

I don't know about that. There is definitely a q-value based functionality
there.

> Have others tried to implement similar functionality or is it usually
> a generic site wide sequential forking policy?

I think using CPL could be an option. Have you looked at CPL and the cpl
module?
g-)