[Serusers] Portal for forking call to preferredenddevice-sequential ringing

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Jun 22 06:42:07 CEST 2005

Aisling O'Driscoll wrote:
> Ok, just to recap - cos Im getting a little bit confused ;)
>
> I have two choices(?)
>
> 1. Somehow invoke sipsak to configure permanent addresses with a
> particular q value.
> 2. Develop a FIFO method to change q value.

Yes. Except that I don't know if anybody verified that q value cannot be
changed with today's FIFO. I just asked the question...

> Am I correct in thinking directly modifying the usrloc table in the
> database is out of the question because the changes cant be updated
> except by SER itself in which case a reboot would required - Correct?

Correct. "SER itself" is here either serctl, sipsak or FIFO.

> Also lcr module (load_contacts() etc) isnt suitable for per user
> configurable sequential forking?

I don't know about that. There is definitely a q-value based functionality
there.

> Have others tried to implement similar functionality or is it usually
> a generic site wide sequential forking policy?

I think using CPL could be an option. Have you looked at CPL and the cpl
module?
g-)