[Serusers] voice sniffing

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Jun 21 07:31:51 CEST 2005

Hi Iqbal,
I haven't seen any complete solutions that are not commercial. I would say
your best bet would be to use a dedicated rtpproxy or mediaproxy to record
the stream in addition to proxying it (it should be a relatively simple
modification). If you want to communicate from SER to the sniffer, you can
of course make a module, run exec :-(, etc.  I'm not sure what the legal
requirements are (and they probably differ across countries) to prove in
court that the method is fail-safe.
    I know the latest rtpproxy has been extended with functionality that
will allow to become a simple media server, but I haven't had a look at it.
IMHO, an extension to rtpproxy with a flag for "record" when calling
force_rtp_proxy() would be ideal...
g-)