[Serusers] Daniel's Commitment to Community?

Peter L P maxisip at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 23:59:27 CEST 2005

I am joining this discussion for the first time, so please appologize me
if I provide you with novice's questions.

I find the idea of SER great. As a matter of fact, I think that all software
should be free and I am very thankful for people who advocate it, like Daniel
orginally seemed to do. We, as a community, should fully support free software!

Now what I am beginning to be concerned about is whether Daniel's team has
actually the same goals! But he keeps the VNT and VPS products insufficiently
transparent; I cannot download it from the Internet! How credible is this then???
The avpops patch has not commited immediatelly either! And scaringly, as Bogdan's
email revealed, the commercial company voice-system has branched some other
source code which is using some other forking code -- aren't they sucking serusers
community to create a new branch under their control?

I am concerned, because just giving away three or five modules is not much
software for free and in turn for that we are being offered untransparent VNT
and VPS.

What assurance can we obtained we are not beeing fooled and this
is not actually a red harring or even a mousetrap???

PS --- What I would also like to request is better documentation!!!

http://mail.yahoo.com