[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] open letter: ser, tls, openser

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sun Jun 19 10:48:03 CEST 2005

Hi Everybody,
I have tried to be open to the benefits and merits of the openser
initiative, and allthough I welcome the ideas on an added "fast-track
release", as well as web-based and editable documentation, I agree
completely with Peter and everything he mentions in his open letter.  Thank
you, Peter! (I can also add to his list that the people behind openser have
not contributed to the ONsip.org Getting Started documentation effort and
this effort is not even mentioned on the openser website. However, Jan and
Jiri have been very positive and helped us out.)

    So, even though some of the things in the openser initiative are good,
the chosen approach is ALL wrong.

    For what it's worth, I have thus decided that I will continue to
contribute on the serusers and serdev lists and here only.  This includes
anything related to contributions to the experimental tree.

    I hereby encourage the iptelorg.com guys to take the input received from
all parties and independently of the openser initiative come up with a plan
for improving the aspects of the project that have been pointed out.  I hope
the people behind the openser initiative will bring their excellent
documentation skills and drive for new features to a revitalised SER
project. If they don't, let them carry on.

Best regards,
Greger
g-)

PS! I will do my best to ensure that ONsip.org continues to be a place for
Getting Started information, links, downloads, FAQs etc without any politics
(i.e. anyone registered can submit links and downloads. In addition, we will
try to add any resource that can be of value).  Hopefully this will
contribute to reducing the confusion.