[Serdev] Re: [Serusers] OpenSER release

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Jun 16 18:45:11 CEST 2005

On 16-06-2005 11:35, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would provide additional documentation (to the modules I'm familiar
> with) - but the problem is the way how documentation must be added.
>
> I'm not familiar with sgml. I do not know the syntax, I do not know how
> to create the README file out of the sgml file. I'm not a cvs expert.
>
> Adding documentation is to complex. I already added asterisk
> documentation to voip-info because it is very easy to do.
>
> Maybe we could find an easier way for providing documentation.

  There is a whole section on SER in the voip-info wiki:

  http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=SIP+Express+Router

  And guess what, most of the documentation just points back to the
  documentation generated from the docbook files.

  Why people are not using that ? It has been there for ages, it was
  announced on the mailing lists several times and there is a link to it
  from the offical SER web page. Or is this still not obvious enough ?

  I must be missing something, because I don't know how to make it any easier.
  Do you want something like http://wiki.iptel.org ?
  Is this the major problem ? If so I would be happy to create it.

       Jan.