[Serusers] OpenSER release

Giudice, Salvatore Salvatore.Giudice at FMR.COM
Thu Jun 16 15:30:51 CEST 2005

I would have to agree with you. The ser module documentation is
definitely in the 'abysmal' category, although it has improved somewhat
in the last 18 months. For example, at least some documentation on
modules like registrar now tell you that the save function returns a 200
ok. To the best of my recollection, this sort of detail wasn't there 18
months ago. If openser can produce decent docs, I can see it getting
much broader support.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristin Galway [mailto:klgalway at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 7:31 PM
To: info at beeplove.com; greger at teigre.com; Giudice, Salvatore;
serdev at lists.iptel.org; serusers at lists.iptel.org
Subject: Re: [Serusers] OpenSER release

This is my first posting to this list but I have been
following for about 5 months now. I began to use SER
back in February and have used versions from 0.8.14 to
cvs versions and have seen plenty of changes here and
there. The biggest thing that really troubles me is
the almost non-existent documentation for the modules.
There  has been more than one occasion where I have
run into problems to check the documentation to find
no mention of moving things from one module to
another, or other things such as new features and what
not. Most times I have to dig through the source code
to actually find information.

The sum of this all is that if the fork of OpenSER is
going to present itself as a moving package, with
up-to-date documention and more so, not having to wait
months upon months for a request or a fix to occur. If
OpenSER has that intention then I am all for
supporting it and using the code. Just because the
current code works for some, does not mean that the
rest of us users have to wait for something to happen.

Kristin

Chapter 2. Developer's Guide

   To be done.

Chapter 3. Frequently Asked Questions