[Serusers] DNS Resolution of SDP-"Connection Address" at SER

Gerhard Zweimüller zweimue at ocilion.com
Sat Jun 11 15:07:28 CEST 2005

 Hi Serusers,

I have a problem with DNS resolution in SIP/SDP "Connection Information"
/ "ConnectionAddress". Maybe somebody can help me:

In the network we use SIP-UAs that are integrated into ADSL-Modems from
Allied Telesyn (AT RG 634).
The SIP-client itself works OK. But when the unit is given a system-name
in the configuration, it will always use its DNS-name instead of its
IP-addr as "Connection Address" in the "Connection Information" in SDP
in INVITE and corresponding OK messages.

Now we want to add SIP-UAs that are NOT capable of resolving DNS-Names
in the "Connection Address" field.
Alle messages pass through SER of course and the SDP-part so far remains
unchanged.

Now my question to the list:
Is there a simple way of forcing SER to do the DNS-resolution of in
incoming message, put in the IP-address in "Connection Address" and
forward it to the other UA?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Gerhard