[Serusers] Ser+acc+dbtext

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Jun 10 14:06:11 CEST 2005

There is no documentation yet but setting up the module is really easy.
Flatstore module writes all data into plain text files on a local disk.

The directory where the output should go is configured through db_url
parameter of acc module. For example:

modparam("acc", "db_url", "flatstore:/var/local/acc")

Would make SER to write all accounting data into /var/log/acc directory.
The directory must exist and SER processes must have write access to the
directory.

Filenames in that directory will follow this pattern:

<table_name>_<process_number>.log

For example:

acc_1.log contains the accounting data from the first SER process.

Rotating the files:

There is a fifo command called flat_rotate (you can execute it using
serctl fifo flat_rotate). The command will make SER to close and reopen
the files. This can be used for log file rotation:

1) First rename the active log files, for example
   acc_1.log -> acc_1.log.20050510144425
2) run serctl fifo flat_rotate
3) Move the renamed files somewhere else and process them.

  Jan.