[Serusers] SER with pa module including publish (ERROR)

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at hp.com
Thu Jun 9 14:48:10 CEST 2005

Jesús M. Movilla wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
>     I would like to know the way to install SER with PUBLISH support
> in the pa module. I tried to compile the pa module from CVS version
> and inserted within the 0.8.14 version but it didn´t work:I
> obtained the following error when starting up:
>
> /l/

The PA module has dependences on the core of SER, so it is unlikely to
work with a different version of SER.

> I also tried compiling the whole CVS version (0.10.99) but when I
> start up I obtain the ERROR bad config file (1 errors). I also
> tried with the config file ser.cfg from the 0.8.14 version but I
> obtained the same error. So, could someone tell me how to proceed in
> order to have a SER server with a pa module implementing REGISTER,
> SUSBSCRIBE AND PUBLISH.

Please look at the messages to see which lines of ser.cfg it was unhappy
with.  If that does not help, please post the message and the offending
lines of the config file here so we can help.

The README in modules/pa does document much of the configuration
process.  The SQL script modules/pa/pa.sql needs to be run in your MySQL
database to add the tables that PA uses.

Hope this helps,
Jamey