[Serusers] REGISTER, auth & INVITE

Lol Zimmerli lolzim at worldcom.ch
Wed Jun 8 16:48:20 CEST 2005

Hello list!

I do have something like this in my ser.cfg:
if (method=="REGISTER") {
  if (!www_authorize("domain.com", "subscriber")) {
    www_challenge("domain.com", "1");
    break;
  };
  break;
};

It works perfectly.

And if I set a line in my snom with inexistant account, of course
REGISTER fails:
[2]8/6/2005 16:29:39: Registrar 9898 at 212.xxx.xxx.xxx refused with code
401

But, with the same un-REGISTERed phone, I can phone: INVITE works :(

I then tried something like this:
if (method=="INVITE"){
  if (src_ip != "212.xxx.xxx.xxx"){
    if (!www_authorize("domain.com", "subscriber")) {
      www_challenge("domain.com", "1");
      break;
    };
  };
  else{
    route(1);
  };
};

And then, SER fail to restart:
Starting SIP Express Router ERROR: bad config file (6 errors)
startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/local/sbin/ser: 255

Is my approach wrong or am I doing a little typo-like error?

Best regards

--
# Lol Zimmerli  //  S y s C o ®  //  http://www.sysco.ch/
Write clearly - don't sacrifice clarity for "efficiency".