[Serusers] how to increment cseq? (for uac auth)

Stefan Sayer sayer at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jun 8 11:05:30 CEST 2005

Hello,
is there a simple method to increment CSeq of a branch?

I have the following in failure_route:

  if (uac_auth()) {
     # mark that auth was performed
	setflag(7);
	# trigger again the failure route
	t_on_failure("3");
	# repeat the request with auth response
	append_branch();
----------> and here I'd like to increment CSeq
t_relay();
}

If CSeq is not incremented, this authenticated request does not work
with RFC strict UAs, as discussed eg in this
(http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-May/019806.html) thread.

Now as I want to proxy auth an INVITE I am sending myself from sems I
could do a dirty workaround: assume that the INVITE needs two CSeqs and
increment cseq a second time for subsequent requests in sems. This is of
course a hack but would save me from implementing auth in sems for the
moment.

Thanks for any suggestions
Stefan