[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] ENUM issues - req. for discussion

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Jun 7 17:28:49 CEST 2005

Adrian Georgescu writes:

 > Not all clients support redirect so if you proxy the request it fails
 > in SER. The client should check the contact if it gets 302 but SER
 > should check the URI.

as i said, ser cannot check uris returned from enum, because it may not
understand all possible uri schemes.  it could check uris where it
understands the scheme, but making such partial checks makes no sense.
any uri that will be later processed by ser IS checked as we discussed
before.  why ser sent back 500 is not yet known, but most likely it is a
general problem and nothing to do with enum.

-- juha