[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] ENUM issues - req. for discussion

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 7 16:45:32 CEST 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>> This could be fixed by limiting the ammount of time that a dns lookup
>> can take in ser (e.g. a new config parameter).
>
> that kind of parameter would indeed be a good thing.  slow dns query
> has
> nothing special to do with enum.  it would affect also lookups on
> request uri host.
>
>>> This may result in a failed transaction, or like revealed at the
>>> ENUM plugtest in failed accounting.
>
> accounting should succeed.  failure may be result of yet another bug in
> radiusclient library, not necessarily in ser.  i asked more details
> about this incident, but i guess adrian has been too bury to provide
> it.

Sorry guys,

I quote from my last message:

"We run into a new problem after striping the spaces, the Radius
accounting packet could not be sent to the server:

Jun  1 11:00:00 ns3 ser[18991]: ACC: call missed: method=INVITE,
i-uri=sip:+441414960912 at ag-projects.com,
o-uri=sip:
etsi7 at IsThisAVeryVeryVeryLongLabelAnnoyToTheENUMClientsAndDNSClients.Thi
sAIsVeryVeryVeryLongLabelToAnnoyTheENUMClientsAndDNSClients.AThisIsVeryV
eryVeryLongLabelToAnnoyTheENUMClientsAndDNSClients.1.1.9.0.6.9.4.1.4.1.4
.4.e164.arpa., call_id=3c29000e249f-2yfy4pqkpyps at snom190, from="AG -
ETSI 01" <sip:40317109901 at ag-projects.com>;tag=iywbz91xdh, code=408
Request Timeout

Jun  1 11:00:00 ns3 ser[18991]: ERROR: acc_rad_request: rc_avpaid_add
failed for number <2> attr <Sip-Translated-Request-URI>
"

Basically we could produce calls to PSTN numbers where accounting did
no start because the domain part was too long. Unfortunately my
provisioning system does not allow me to put those long entries we had
at ETSI plugtest but it is fairly easy to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
Adrian