[Serusers] incoming call routing, voicemail on busy/no answer, load balancing, call forwarding & call display

Chris St Denis chris at aebc.com
Sat Jun 4 02:50:00 CEST 2005

I am implementing a rather large scale SER server and there are some
features I am having trouble figuring out how to implement.

1. Multi-number Incoming call routing.
My users register with my using an id number which then needs to be mapped
to 0 or more real phone numbers for incoming call routing, and 0 or 1 for
outgoing call display. Is there anyway to do something like this using
radius? The backend database of my system will be MS SQL server (not my
choice) so radius is being used to connect to it. Multiple numbers will use
distinctive rings by inserting an alert info header in with append_hf.

2. Voicemail on busy and no answer and no connect to phone.
I think busy can be detected by looking for a response code but not I'm
quite sure how, and I think I can use fr_timer for can't connect to phone
timeout however, how do I detect no answer with a user customizable timeout?
I am also not certain how to send it to the asterisk voicemail server at
this point.

3. Call forwarding
How can I retrieve call forwarding information from a database (preferably
using radius) and forward to it? this also leads to the no answer question
above.

4. Load balancing
I have gotten failover to work with failure_route and t_on_failure however,
I want to not just fail over but also load balance between multiple PSTN
gateways. Can this be done using SRV records? round-robin DNS? is there some
'random' type command?

5. Call display
I need to be able to block call display for incoming and/or outgoing calls.
How can this be achieved from within SER?

How can I do these things with stable SER? And, anyone know when .9 is
planned to be released? Is it combing soon?