[Serusers] Error when loading the MySQL module

Juntong Liu juntong.liu at embiron.com
Wed Jun 1 17:19:50 CEST 2005

Hi Everybody,

I am a beginner here.  Could anyone please answer my question?

I have downloaded the SER-0.8.14 source code and compiled it on a Redhat
Linux 9 box. It works perfectly. But after I added the MySQL module and run
it again, the following error message is logged in the system log file:

Jun  1 16:00:58 localhost ser: ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so>: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open
Jun  1 16:00:58 localhost ser: parse error (30,13-49): failed to load module

And the shell window also display an error message:
ERROR: bad config file (3 errors)

I checked the mysql.so file, and it is there as the ser.cfg required.  What
might be the error here?

Best regards,

Juntong Liu