[Serusers] Timeout for provisional replies

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Wed Jun 1 15:16:51 CEST 2005

Hello,

Currently we've the folling tm-timeouts set:

modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 30)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 180)

In my understanding the first timer hits if no final reply for a request
(except INVITE) or an ACK for a neg. INVITE-reply arrives within 30
seconds; the second timer hits if no final reply arrives for an INVITE
after a provisional reply (the first one?) is received within 180 seconds.

But is there a timer for the first provisional reply for an INVITE?

I ask because I want to detect if a contact is unreachable. I'd assume
that a device answers with "100 trying" (or immediately with 180/183)
within some seconds, but which timer do I have to set?

Thanks,
Andy