[Serusers] sems IP

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jun 1 13:30:11 CEST 2005

SEMS is not directly listening to any IP, it relies on the co-located instance of SER to interact with the "IP world". The topology is the following:

[SER A]<--IP interface-->[SER B]<=fifo interface=>[SEMS]

SER A is the standard SIP proxy, and you can configure it to forward messages to SER B as it would be another gateway (t_relay, rewrite_uri|hos, |etc..) depending on some rules (such as a predefined prefix in the r-uri as is done in the examples).
SER B is the front end for SEMS and has a different config file from SER A. It receives the messages from SER A and forward them to SEMS using t_write_unix() so SEMS can receive the messages.
As depicted, the interface between SER B and SEMS is not an IP interface but a FIFO or UNIX socket interface (depending on your config files).

You can have SER A, SER B, and SEMS running in the same machine or place SER A in one and SER B+SEMS in another.

I hope it makes things clearer,

Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> Llanos Serna García-Conde <llanosserna at hotmail.com> 06/01/05 01:04PM >>>
Hi all, I have two instance of SER running, listening to the same port (5060), but to different IP addresses.
The SER instance with ser.cfg runs in 172.25.97.19
The SER instance with voicemail.cfg runs in 172.25.97.18

SEMS is running in 172.25.97.19 and I want to change it to run in 172.25.97.18. How can I change that?
Thanks,
Llanos