[Users] AVP and Radius question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 28 18:19:52 CEST 2005

Hi Klaus,

via the load_credentials module parameter, auth_db may load into AVPs
additional values from subscriber table. Classical example is RPID - by
default load_credentials is defined to load it into STRING name AVP "rpid".

That's the first step - getting the info. Second one is to use it....
for RPID, yes, you may still use the append_rpid_hf() function which
will look for the RPID AVP and insert it as header. You may use as
buffer any AVP; here is the explicit configuration:
    # at auth, load rpid column into AVP ID 10
    modparam("auth_db","load_credentials","i:10=rpid")
    # the  append_rpid_hf () should look for RPID value into AVP ID 10
    modparam("auth","rpid_avp","i:10")
Please refer to docs - http://www.openser.org/docs/ for more details
about these params.

regarding the prefix for RURI.....there is a new feature on OpenSER CVS head
    http://www.openser.org/pipermail/users/2005-June/000123.html
if you have the prefix in some AVP (let;s say AVP ID 14  => i:14);
compose a the prefixed RURI username in a new AVP (i:15):
    avp_printf("i:15","$avp(i:14)$rU");
and replace the username:
    avp_pushto("$ruri/username","i:15");

See http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/0.10.x/avpops.html for these