[Serusers] fifo flat_rotate

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Jul 27 18:49:11 CEST 2005

If you move one of the files without running serctl fifo flat_rotate
then ser will continue writing into the moved file. The original file
will only be recreated once you restart SER (or run serctl fifo
flat_rotate). The file handle in SER refers to the inode of the file
which will not be affected by mv.

If you unlink the file then SER will still continue writing into it until
you restart it. Disk space occupied by the file will be reclaimed afterSER
closes the file handle (upon restart).

  Jan.