[Serusers] Looking for FXO or FXS ATA

Sebastian Milioto smilioto at itc.com.ar
Wed Jul 27 01:11:09 CEST 2005

We're an ISP on the point of deploying VoIP for SMB and SOHO, and we
want to implement some solution that allow an employee to pick up the
the phone, and dial some prefix to take our line and make long
distance calls via Internet. But also keep the capability to dial some
another prefix and make a local phone call via traditional carrier
(directly to PSTN).

I understand the ATA we decide to work with, must to have few FXO
ports to connect with FXS PBX ports.
May be it could be done with ATA FXS ports connected to PBX FXO ports.

Is that right? If so... what type of connection do you recommend? And
which equipment?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sebastian Milioto
Telecommunication Engineer