Rv: Re: Rv: Re: [Serusers] accounting accuracy

Jon Mansey jon at tigrisnet.net
Fri Jul 22 21:10:36 CEST 2005

Regarding accounting using INVITE, unless Im mistaken, the billable
talk-time of a call is between the ACK after the invite, ie when the call
actually goes live, and the BYE. If you bill from the INVITE, you would be
billing for ringing time also, maybe error messages etc.

Having said that I notice that SER accounting doesn't log the INVITE
immmediately as it is sent from the caller, it in fact logs it almost
simultaneously just before the ACK, so the difference in accounting is
probably minimal if your account is driven from the acc module and not from
the actual event.

This may not be your issue because you say the error is in favor of your
provider.

In order to tell which INVITEs resulted in billable calls, you have to do
missed-call accounting so as to ignore the invites that resulted in 4xx
failures. Only INVITE/ACK pairs with a matching BYE are billable.

jm