[Serusers] NEWBIE: Help! New with FreeBSD and SER

Carlo Antonio R. Makalinao cmakalinao at codex-systems.com
Fri Jul 22 06:08:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a background with HP-Unix but the last time I used that was 5
years ago. I have just completed setting up a PC on FreeBSD 5.4 RELEASE
and SER 0.9.3 (i386/freebsd). I unpacked the SER on my FreeBSD box and
ran it as per the INSTALL guide from iptel.org and seem to get it
running. (Please see attached FreeBSD-SER.txt)

I can't get the "serctl moni" to work so as to check if it is actually
running. I get "[: -ne: unexpected operator" and that's all I get.

The INSTALL guide isn't all that helpful as it lacks detail regarding
some other settings I might need to do or consider.

Could anyone help me out?

What am I missing? Should I set up other stuff like MySQL, APACHE Web
Server for the SERWEB, scripts & config files for environment
parameters?

I just basically Unzipped the SER Distribution tar file onto /usr/local/
as that was the default path of the distribution.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Carlo

This message is the property of Codex Systems Ltd. or its affiliates and subsidiaries. It may be legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.

Thank you.