[Serusers] NAT traversal

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Jul 20 09:35:30 CEST 2005

Omer,
I'm not aware of anybody using mangler?! (Is this really true?)
The simplest solution (see my earlier post today on STUN) would be to use
STUN if the endpoints have an ok implementation.
If not, you can use nathelper to change Contact (fix_nated_contact) and
fix_nated_sdp to change the media IP. You will still have a problem with
finding the RTP port, so unless one endpoint is public or support
direction=active, you need to proxy the rtp stream.

Or if you have symmetric NATs, you need to use RTP proxy anyway because
incoming calls to symmetric NATs must be proxied regardless of whether the
other endpoint is public or NATed (unless it supports direction=active).

g-)