[Serusers] Questions about ser

Michael Ulitskiy mdu113 at acedsl.com
Mon Jul 18 21:43:45 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using several modules that access a database.
I've noticed that when I start ser in forked mode with
"children=8", it generates 62 connections to database.
Does every child open a separate set of database handles
(one for every module)?
I remember I saw on the mailing list advises to run
ser with hundreds of children to avoid problems when no workers
are available to process a message. If my guess is true it would
generate hundreds (or even thousands) of database connections.
I'm really interested to hear how people out there deal with it.

On a separate note I'm curious whether number of children in ser
is limited to a given startup value or ser is able to fork additional
children as needed?
Thank you,

Michael