[Serusers] callpickup with ser + asterisk

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 21:14:26 CEST 2005

Hi

Will do, my intial problem was that the pickup sequence i.e *8 is
processed in sip.conf, however when I was sending calls to asterisk I
prefixed the number with 98, reason for that was so I could send /use
diff applications based upon settings in my group table. Anyhow resolved
that, simply changed the features.conf to recongise 98*8 :-)

Then the problem was that when a user dialed out from IP the call was
routed via asterisk, however when the call was inbound eg +44845634522
which is mapped to 040600, then the call didn't hit asterisk which meant
the features like call pickup could not get activated. This meant adding
the +44 number to the grp table also, because in theory 040600 and
+44845634522 are just aliases for the same number, but the is_user_in
doesn't check that, it just sees what entries are in grp table, I guess
what would be nice is if we could use is_user_in ("From" ,"xgroup")  it
would do a lookup first to get the number from the From eg 040600, and
then see what aliases it has, and see if any of them match.

eg 44845634522 has alias 634522

in grp I could enter just
634522,dom.com,asterisk

then when a call came in and it was from PSTn to 44845634522 I could
just use is_user_in(To,"asterisk") and it would see that 44845634522 is
and alias for 634522 and hence run is_user_in(To,"asterisk") again with
the new alias, and keep doing until it matches or until it runs out of
aliases.

Iqbal