[Serusers] SER Newbie Questions

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Sat Jul 16 23:14:17 CEST 2005

Greetings All,

I am new to the list so please forgive the newbie level questions, ok.

Currently, we have 3 Asterisks PBX's locate throughout the world with
our main webserver in the US and if I understand what SER can do for me
then this might be the product that I need.

We need something that will allow all of our users to have the same
connection domains like (ie.. sip.examples.com) for example and which
they can connect to SER which will re-route their connection to the
closest PBX to handle their call at which point the PBX would take over
the user connection and handle the call.

Is this about correct as to what SER can do for us?

If this is true, then is there some Turorials and HOWTO example
documentation that I might read to see about getting SER set up on one
of our contol servers?

--
Thanks,

Lonnie Cumberland