[Serusers] Radius Auth, not sending digest User-Password

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Fri Jul 15 16:37:32 CEST 2005

> > > auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
> > > auth: Failed to validate the user.
> >
> > You need to use Digest Authentication in freeradius. you
> > need to add
> > the digest module at the authorization scheme in the
> > radiusd.conf.
> >

> I thought I have done it. I have allready uncommented the
> digest line, but apparently there is more to it than i
> thought. This is what i have in my radiusd.conf
>
>         #  The 'digest' module currently has no configuration.
>         #
>         #  "Digest" authentication against a Cisco SIP server.
>         #  See 'doc/rfc/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt' for details
>         #  on performing digest authentication for Cisco SIP servers.
>         #
>         digest {
>         }

Well ... it seems you did not enable it. You first need to "configure"
the digest module, like you showed above. But, you need to "use" the
module where ever you want. The radiusd.conf is divided ,let say, in
schemes. You have a "modules" scheme, where you configure your modules,
for example the digest module. Once you configured your modules, you
need to use them in the authorization scheme, yes?. So, if you
configured your digest module but you are not using it in the
authorization scheme, it will not work.

Conclusion: It seems to me that you have configured your module but you
are not using it. Search your radiusd.conf for the word "digest". See if
you have "digest" enabled in the authorization scheme.

Regards,

Lucas