[Serusers] libmysql

Kofi Obiri-Yeboah kofi at radiocomplex.com
Thu Jul 14 00:31:23 CEST 2005

Juan,
You need to install both the server and client mySQL rpms. The
libmysqlclient.so is included in the mySQL client  rpm. Apart from that, I
am assuming that if you are installing SER from source, you remembered to
include mySQL in the make file. mySQL is excluded by default. You will need
to run the mySQL script to generate the required tables and after that set
the correct permissions for the mySQL user and root. On the SER side you
will also need to run the ser mySQL script to generate the ser database.
finally you will need to edit the mySQL file in /etc/rc.d/init.d to auto
start mySQL. Please note that by default the init file has no run levels
set. You need to edit mySQL and insert run  levels 345.or use chkconfig and
levels option 345 and on to change the run levels. To take effect restart
mySQL. Need more help "holla"

HTH

KOFI