[Serusers] Problem adding user .. pls help!!

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Jul 12 18:12:55 CEST 2005

On Jul 12, 2005 at 23:50, Yan Yu Lim <yanyu.lim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add authentication to ser (see below). I'm able to load
> ser without errors, but when I want to add a user using
>
> serctl add 1012 test magnum.test.net ,
>
> I get
>
> error: 400; check if you use aliases in SER
>
> Any ideas?

Just add lookup("aliases") somewher in your ser.cfg.
If doesn't have to be executed (you can add it inside a dead branch
 like if (0) lookup("aliases")), but it must be present so that ser will
 create the aliases list (serctl checks if the name you're trying to add
 is not already an alias).
You could also modifiy serctl and remove the check_alias ... lines. or
 start it with ALS_TABLE=location serctl add ...

Andrei