[Serusers] Strange REGISTER Problems

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Mon Jul 11 19:05:45 CEST 2005

On Monday 11 July 2005 16:19, Ozan Blotter wrote:
> I can register my ATA'S (Some are NATted and some ara Port Forwarded) to
> SER (on Public IP) and i use MySQL auth/acc together with Mediaproxy. All
> users can talk to others, and call them , receive calls from others no
> problem. But most of the time, they seem unregistered and this happens
> suddenly, i'm sure that Internet Connection is fine with SER Server and
> also clients are connected through Cable Modem or ADSL Connection.
>
> I unplug or unpower some ATA's, wait a bit like 30 minutes, the devices
> becomes cold or what's happening else, they can register and works
> perfect... But when i connect them for hours, they unregister themselves, i
> do not know what happens... I've tried both Zyxel P2002's with several
> firmwares, Zyxel P2000Ws, Cisco ATA186's and some LinkSYS Pap2-NA's but all
> same... Is there any chance to be something wrong in SER settings or
> Operating System ?

sounds like the ATAs fail to identify their binding time correctly and thus
fail to re-register early enough. To verify that check the expires values in
the REGISTER and the reply from your server. Additionally verify if your
server re-writes the Contact which the ATA tried to register.

Regards
  Nils