[Serusers] postgres and mysql

Sebastian Kühner skuehner at veraza.com
Fri Jul 8 21:53:10 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using postgres for authentication and accounting since a few days and
it's working perfect. But I'm wondering why I have to load the mysql.so -
Module, too. If not (commented), I get the following error:

 0(0) Maxfwd module- initializing
 0(0) PG[238] db_init entry
 0(0) PG[193] str2valp got int 2
 0(0) PG[274] db_close entry textops - initializing
 0(0) bind_dbmod: Module mysql does not export db_use_table function
 0(0) ERROR: uridb_db_bind: unable to bind to the database module
 0(0) ERROR: uri_db:mod_init(): No database module found
 0(0) init_mod(): Error while initializing module uri_db
ERROR: error while initializing modules

This error also appears, if I don't have installed/running a mysql server.
It seems very strange... because all the data is saved correctly in my
postgresql-database. Why do I need the mysql-module then?

OK, one additional information. To specify my database I use the following
command:

    modparam("acc", "db_url",
"postgres://admin:password@localhost:5432/AAA")

If I use "sql://" instead of "postgres://" there appears the same error like
above.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sebastian