[Serusers] NAT considerations...

Giovanni Balasso giaso at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 5 22:44:00 CEST 2005

Just some thoughts based on my experience...
After months trying to make everything work using rtpproxy-mediaproxy with
almost everything accomplished but video, I tried to switch to stun solution.
All my problems are gone now, I have audio, video, presence and instant
messages working like a charm. And most important media server doesn't flow
thru my server so network load remains very low. I have been testing for some
days now and I'm quite happy since I still have to stumble on major problems.
Now some considerations... On a poll onsip.org STUN usage is very low and
rtpproxy-mediaproxy rule as NAT trasversal solution. Why don't people use
stun? Has it some major drawbacks I still haven't found? What are main
advantages of rtpproxy-mediaproxy solutions?
I'm really curious to know serusers opinions about this issue.

thank you all for your two cents ;)

--
Giovanni Balasso
giaso at yahoo.it