[Serusers] ser.cfg from database

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sun Jul 3 18:47:37 CEST 2005

Daryl,

This is a matter of personal preference, but I'd say that the
configuration options for functions like lookup() and proxy_authorize()
are flexible enough that a dynamic ser.cfg is unnecessary. For
particularly complex routing, or to access database systems that SER
doesn't support natively, exec_dset() is very useful.

Of course, an equivalent of mod_perl's Apache::Registry for SER would be
fantastic.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479