[Serusers] Logging into SERWEB

Leo leo at ltcjp.com
Fri Jul 1 05:44:13 CEST 2005

Dear Iqbal,

I was using an older version of serweb that did not allow logging. So I
upgraded. However, no I have a different problem. When I try to start SER
with mysql and auth, I get an error message. Here is the info.

BACKGROUND:
1) I have installed FC4 successfully.
2) I have installed SER 0.9.3 WITHOUT mysql support successfully. I even
made phone calls.
3) I then ran the ser_mysql.sh script successfully. I see the 'ser'
database with its tables in mysql.
4) I then modifed ser.cfg to allow authentication.
5) I now get this message in the /var/log/messages file:

Jun 30 16:02:09 sip ser: ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so>: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory Jun 30 16:02:09 sip ser: parse
error (35,13-14): failed to load module

QUESTION: Why do I get the above error message?

For reference the 1st 35 lines of my ser.cfg are enclosed. The above seems
to be complaining about line 35, line 14, and line 15

#
# $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.25.2.1 2005/02/18 14:30:44 andrei Exp $ # # simple
quick-start config script #

# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
#fork=yes
#log_stderror=no	# (cmd line: -E)

/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode fork=no log_stderror=yes */

check_via=no	# (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
#port=5060
#children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
fifo_mode=0666

#---leo's stuff
listen=69.0.78.113
alias=sip.telecomcto.com
alias=69.0.78.113
alias=telecomcto.com

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database loadmodule
"/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"

Sincerely,

Leo P.