[Users] feature request

Wed Jul 27 22:53:52 CEST 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
>  > I agree, but is not the case I was referring to. Imagine the following
>  > scenario: some user upload as contact or redirect/forward address an uri
>  > like "sip:user at somedomain.com"; he can later switch the DNS entry of the
>  > domain "somedomain.com" to point to your GW IP.
>  >
>  > In [Open]SER, the DNS resolve is done when no more scripting is
>  > possible, so .... :)
>
> this is not a problem, because resolving somedomain.com doesn't rewrite
> r-uri, which thus arrives to your GW as sip:user at somedomain.com.  if
> your GWs name is not somedomain.com, the GW should reject the request.

That whould be the easiest solution, but:

- Does this work with Cisco GWs? AFAIK not.
- Also, often the GW is not under my control. Fixing the problem locally
is much easier than discussing the reason of such a GW configuration
with other "VoIP experts".

>  > again, agree; the question is where to keep the list: in core and the
>  > core should export fifo command for reload from file maybe (the core
>  > should not be DB dependent)?
>
> if not, then i guess file is the only choice (which is not good).

I think the blacklist should use ser's DB API. Is it possible to
implement this as a separate module?

regards,
klaus