[Users] Malformated packets, how to handle???

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Wed Jul 27 16:23:02 CEST 2005

Every now and then, some of our users take it into their heads to muck
around with their fones, and they (usually) do not do anything evil.
However, I occassionally end up with sitiations where the fones generate
'fun' SUBSCRIBE packets that look like
SUBSCRIBE <foo.bar>@aptela.com
yeah, thats '<foo.bar>', not 'foo.bar'
Which, by definition, causes openser to complain about parse_header
failing, etc., etc.

Short of scanning logs, doing ngreps, etc., is there any way to deal
with this?

I'd think the ability to deal with malformatted packets with a '400' or
'416' would be useful?

cheers