[Users] RE: [Serusers] openser /ser

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Jul 21 20:04:18 CEST 2005

On 07/21/05 18:45, Iqbal wrote:

> and are there any under the hood changes in openser, in terms of
> performance etc

there is not too much to optimize in terms of performance in ser/openser
right now. But there are some minor ones in openser, e.g., in
development branch -- many new request methods have now id and you can
use is_method() from text ops to do integer comparison instead of
ignore-case string comparison as it is in 'if(method=="xxx")'.

Another one is 'return' and 'exit' which avoid complex scripting
statements to exit from script. Also, the 'switch' statement is faster
than a chain of "if" statements (anyhow this is related to 'return').

The big improvements are in terms of new features. Just take a look at
roadmap and news in the web site or in ChangeLog file.

Daniel