[Users] When does an AVP get destroyed? What if you delete an non-existent AVP?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jul 21 16:18:45 CEST 2005

Hi Kanakatti,

all AVPs are deleted along with the transaction, you do not have do
delete them explicitly. A transaction is completed and deleted when a
final reply was sent back to UAC (and ACK if INVITE).

So feel free to use AVPs as much as you like and as you like - the
clean-up is done automatically.

regarding the 'avp_delete("$destination")' - the function returns true
in script only if there was a deleted AVP. Nothing "bad" happens otherwise.

regards,
bogdan