[Users] conference server

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jul 6 15:17:26 CEST 2005

Hi Jimmy,

from openser interaction, their are equivalent. SEMS uses
fifo/unix_socket interface, Asterisk uses directly the SIP interface.
Because of this, from script complexity point of view, I would say SEMS
is more difficult to integrate than Asterisk. On the other hand Asterisk
requires specific kernel versions and modules (you may need to
recompile) for conference support. So......... :)

But you have to choose first based on service requirements, like codecs
(sems doesn't support non-free codecs), conference scenarios - sems is
note able to initiate a conference (users may just join), but Asterisk
can do this.

so, strictly related to openser, I wouldn't say there is a better one -
you should choose depending of how you want to build the conference service.

regards,
bogdan