[Serusers] Notes on converting a Cisco CM phone for SIP

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 25 00:31:38 CET 2005

  Nice work. The conversion can sometimes be daunting. Let me add a
few items if I may.  Phones that I've "converted" seem to want to
load SIP image P0S30202 first. After loading this image other SIP images
load in a straightforward fashion. This requirement may be based on the
phone's firmware but the phones I'm using seem to want this release first.

  When going from SIP image P0S3-06-3-00 to P0S3-07-0-00 the
loader process changes. The new loader wants a phone specific
file with a naming convention like SEP00097CAC5981.cnf.xml. Yes
it is an xml file. This file replaces the OS79XX.TXT as of version 7.

 The absence of this xml file caused my phone to go completely
brain dead in mid-boot.

-Steve