[Serusers] Seeking Advise With Caller ID Block

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 22:22:25 CET 2005

The trick is:

1) make sure that the the "use_rpid" attribute is set
to "1"

modparam("auth_db", "use_rpid", 1)

2) Depending upon the rpid value that is stored in the
subscriber table in ser database, you may need to do
(note that the module is "auth" , not "auth_db")

modparam("auth","rpid_prefix", "<sip:")

modparam("auth","rpid_suffix",
"@SOME_DOMAIN;user=phone>;party=calling;id-type=subscriber;screen=no;privacy=off")

So if value of rpid is "3343111" in database for
subsriber sip:joe at cxcc.com, the rpid header will be
<sip:3343111;user=phone>;party=calling.....;privacy=off

3) You now need to call append_rpid_hf() in ser.cfg ,
BUT you must make sure that it is called after a
INVITE has been authenticated.

In the standard ser.cfg, you see the REGISTERS are
authenticated. But to append the RPID, authentication
method has to be called so that the RPID value can be
loaded from database. What this means is that you need
code like this:

if (method == INVITE) {
   if (uri =~ sip:9[0-9]*@.") {    # calls to PSTN w/
prefix 9