[Serusers] newbie - Handle incoming calls?

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Fri Jan 21 17:32:45 CET 2005

Hi All,

I'm new to all this stuff, so apologize if these are dumb questions.

I have an account with a local/ld voip provider. They provide me a SIP
connection to/from the pstn. I have this working with sjphone and xten.
I also have ser running (very basically) and handling/routing calls for
local softphones registering with it.

I really want to be able to receive incoming pstn calls and route them
internally.

Here's where my ignorance comes in. The sjphone and xten register at the
vendors registrar as sip:nnnn at vendor.com. I havn't seen an example or
read anything how I could configure ser to do that.

Also, the SIP line is authenticated. How do I tell ser to use a set of
credentials when sending/receiving SIP messages to my vendor?

Thanks!
Tim