[Serusers] Manipulate malformed contact header *before* REGISTER processing

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Wed Jan 19 17:36:20 CET 2005

Is there any way to manipulate a  malformed contact header in a REGISTER
packet *before* we run it through proxy_auth, etc.?

I've got a couple of  phones behind a Cisco router, which insists on
lopping off part of my Contact header.  Basically, my inbound REGISTER
packets shows the contact header as
Contact: <sip:foo.bar at 192.168.1.1:5060;transport=udp;line=8hzddhav>;q=
(note the trailing 'q=')

What i'd like to do is append a "1.0" to the header, and *then* run it
through the proxy_auth, etc., etc.

If I do a subst(), it doesnt seem to help.

Any ideas?