[Serusers] ser on linksys router

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Tue Jan 18 16:42:18 CET 2005

> 1) I want to use SER as the only point where to implement all call
routing

This is very similar to how we do things at our company. We use Asterisk
as our IAX/PRI/misc media proxy, and SER does all of our LCR/CDR's. What
I was getting at is, is SER a centralized server ie housing many
servers? Or is this a per server basis, such as this:

Server1 <Asterisk/SER> Server2 <Asterisk/SER>

If it's a scenario where your LCR is not centralized then it's almost
unneeded. In our situation, we dedicate servers to a single function,
for scalability and also to get by this problem that you're seeing.

> 2) I need a gateway that supports ISDN NT-mode

I'm not bad mouthing Asterisk, we love it for a media gateway and as a
PBX, for that it's priceless. For call routing though, etc yes it's a
baby.

	Matt

	1) I want to use SER as the only point where to implement all
call routing
logic
	2) I need a gateway that supports ISDN NT-mode

Because of 2 I am using Asterisk, do you know something better ?

Regards,
Alex