[Serusers] MySql error

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Tue Jan 18 12:19:59 CET 2005

Hi all,

I hope you can help me because I am under pressure from the powers
that be to get this completed. I have set up SER and Asterisk on the
same pc. SER is listening on 5060 and Asterisk on 5061. I had
originally created user accounts in asterisk but now I would like
users to register with ser instead. However this is proving difficult.

Obviously I must create a user account before users can register. I
have run the mysql script and it successfully installed. However when
I run the serctl facility i.e. serctl add xxxx xxx xxx, I get the
following error:

ERROR: 2005 Unknown Mysql Server Host 'dbhost'

Also when I type mysql at the command line I am told:

Error: 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using
password: NO)

If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it.
Please note that Im new to linux so please make it as simple as
possible.

Thanks again,
Aisling.

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.