[Serusers] FW: radius accounting problem.

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Tue Jan 11 22:22:08 CET 2005

> Your radius server can keep track of the call duration
> by subtracting the stop time from start time, you do
> not need per se the header you mention nor a B2BUA.
>
> See www.freeradius.org documentation or the sample
> configuration file to achieve what you want at
> http://cdrtool.ag-projects.com/sql.conf
>
> Adrian

The thing is that I know many applications, like Cisco 5350, SNOM SIP
SERVER ( www.snom.org ), that send the Acct-Session-Time to RADIUS. In
fact, RADIUS (at least mine, IC-Radius) is ready for receiving such
attribute. Why should not SER send this standar attribute?. If I want my
RADIUS to estimate the Acct-Session-Time, I need to touch my RADIUS'
code. And touching code means not a standar way of achieving accounting,
because, I can modify my code, because it is open source (IC-Radius).
But what would people do if they do not use IC-Radius or FreeRadius? I
do not want to modify my code ( unless there is no other way of getting
the session time).

Regards,

Lucas